Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You're Sharp Like a Knife and You Fit Like a Glove

Went downtown for a meeting on my newly acquired internship for Freedom 4 Fashion (thank you very much)and guess who I saw?


This morning I went through some of my old notebooks and read some old stories and texts I used to really enjoy.


Yup, I crossed paths with Melancholy Boy. I read some of his thoughts in the morning, and saw him in the afternoon.

He was walking in the opposite direction going into the metro, I was walking out. He was marching forward with a good stride and a smug look on his face. He pointed forwards then turned his head back to say something I could not understand. He was talking to one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. She chuckled at what he said, walking a bit slower behind him and never set her eyes off of him. She had the kind of look that's ready for adventure. She had a look that makes you understand she knows her partner in crime, admires him and knows that she has a hold on him. She knows him like no one else does. She admires him because he admires her. And she has a hold on him because she holds him, and he holds her.

It was kind of mesmerizing.

Maybe this is grand to me because I see this as one of his stories of young lovers always looking for more. Maybe they are not in love. Maybe they are. Maybe she is his cousin. I like to think they're soulmates. And that she's as special as he is.



Currently listening to At War with the Sun, The Big Pink

1 comment:

  1. Soulmate, shmolmate. Go back to the "she's hot" part. More details.

    ReplyDelete